To celebrate the achievement of 10 million knives produced worldwide, the Shun Classic 3 Piece Knife Set comes with a free Shun Combination Honing Steel.
The Sun Classic 3 Piece Knife Set includes the three key pieces of cutlery that no kitchen should be without. It starts with the Shun Classic Chefs Knife 20cm, the do-it-all knife that you’ll use any time you cook. The set also includes the 9cm Paring Knife to handle all the small peeling, coring, and trimming tasks. To complete the set, you also get the Shun Classic Utility Knife 15cm that’s perfect for all those in-between tasks.
Born of the ancient samurai swordmaking tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is the perfect line for those making their first foray into the Japanese knife market. Produced in the widest variety of specialised styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs. Handcrafted in Japan it takes more than 100 steps to make each Shun knife. The Shun Classic series features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives’ beauty is function; razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun Classic’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side (a total of 69 layers), then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
Each knife set contains:
- Blade Material: VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side clad with 34 layers (total 69 layers of steel) of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel.
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material: The D-shaped ebony coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated, moisture-resistant hardwood) handle is designed to comfortably sit in your hand.
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- This 3-Piece Set comes in a beautifully presented wooden box for storage or gift-giving.
Read through our Shun Blog to find out more information about this top-end brand and the differences between their ranges. See all Chef’s Complements Shun Knives here.