- You cannot add "Kai Shun Sora Chefs Knife 15cm" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Kai Shun Sora Bread Knife 23cm
Prepare to fall in love with this Kai Shun Sora Bread Knife.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Prepare to fall in love with this bread knife. Whether you prefer a rustic, crusty bread or a soft and tender loaf, the Shun Sora Bread Knife will cut through easily to give you the perfect slice of bread every time. What makes this bread knife special — and better — is the way Shun has crafted the serrations. These aren’t jagged little teeth that chew through your bread. These are razor-sharp “low-frequency” serrations. These wider serrations glide through the bread with ease. What’s more, cutting is even smoother because Shun has designed the serrations so that there’s an equal amount of cutting power on the forward stroke and on the back stroke. Look at the blade and you’ll see that the serrations lean forward on the front of the blade and backward on the back of the blade. That small change makes a big difference in cutting ease.
In Japanese, Sora means “sky”. With Sora’s proprietary Composite Blade Technology, this beautiful series offers sky-high value by bringing together a VG10 three-layer san mai cutting edge with a polished Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it’s needed most, on the cutting edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora’s blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- Cutting Angle: Hand-sharpened 16°cutting angle double-bevel blade
- Blade Material: VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance. Mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle Material: Traditional handle design in easy-care textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade Design: Featuring a modern ‘hamon’ design and Shun’s signature emblem
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 10-Year Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Presented in a stylish gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.