Kai Shun Sora Paring Knife 8.5cm
Ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It’s ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. You can think of a paring knife as a smaller version of a chefs knife because, like the Sora Chefs Knife, the Sora Paring Knife is quite versatile. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you’ll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
In Japanese, Sora means “sky”. With Sora’s proprietary Composite Blade Technology, this beautiful series offers sky-high value by bringing together a VG10 three-layer san mai cutting edge with a polished Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it’s needed most, on the cutting edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora’s blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- Cutting Angle: Hand-sharpened 16°cutting angle double-bevel blade
- Blade Material: VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance. Mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle Material: Traditional handle design in easy-care textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade Design: Featuring a modern ‘hamon’ design and Shun’s signature emblem
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 10-Year Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Presented in a stylish gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.