Lodge Cast Iron – a lifetime of cooking.
In 1896, in the tiny town of South Pittsburg, Tennessee, U.S.A., Joseph Lodge began a cast iron cookware foundry, quickly creating an enduring standard of quality. The resulting privately held metal formula, precision moulds, and exacting wall thickness produce the finest cast iron cookware available. Not even the most expensive stainless or aluminium cookware can rival the even heating, heat retention, durability, and value of Lodge Cast Iron. 2002 saw the introduction of Lodge Logic: revolutionary pre-seasoned, ready-to-use cast iron cookware. This set a new standard for the cast iron cookware industry and has earned Lodge many industry accolades and awards. Seasoned Lodge Cast Iron Cookware offers a healthy alternative to non-stick cooking, eliminates the time and effort of home seasoning, and is Ready-To-Use right out of the box. Whether you‘re frying, simmering, sautéing, baking, braising, or slow roasting you’ll find what you need with Lodge’s extensive range of skillets, grills, dutch ovens, woks, pizza pans and outdoor grills. Truly versatile, Lodge Cast Iron cookware is at home in the oven, on the stovetop (including induction), on the grill or over the campfire. Now coming out of the Lodge foundry is the newest line, Blacklock, going back to the companies origins and beginnings.
The 35.5cm seasoned Cast Iron Cook It All is the only outdoor cookware you need. With 5 cooking configurations and only 2 pieces of cast iron, the Cook It All brings a whole world of possibilities to your campsite cuisine – from pizza to stews, grilled fish and steak. This versatile piece is great for grilling, sauteing and baking. It has a generous cooking surface of 35.5m on the skillet/grill plate and 6.4L on the lid/wok. Fits perfectly in campfires and grill elements and can be used with coals. The Cook It All comes in a box with stainless steel handles for easy manoeuvring and a 33-page guidebook.
- Features a 35.5cm diameter reversible grill/griddle, 6.8 quart wok/lid, and 2 stay-cool stainless handles
- Includes a 33 page guidebook with tips, tricks and recipes
- Ideal for charcoal and wood fire cooking, as well as grilling
- Super-versatile: can be used as a grill, griddle, skillet, wok, dutch oven or pizza oven
- Seasoned with cooking oil for an easy-release finish that gets better with use
- Made in the USA
USE & CARE
Keep it dry. Keep it oiled (seasoned). Keep it 100 years.
- Hand wash with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. DO NOT put in the dishwasher! (Avoid putting a hot dish into cold water. Thermal shock can occur causing the metal to warp or crack).
- Towel dry immediately.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every use until the sheen is restored. This keeps the iron seasoned and protected from moisture
- If you are having trouble removing stuck-on food, boil some water in your pan for a few minutes to loosen residue, making it easier to remove.
- Do not let your cast iron air dry, as this can promote rust. Store in a cool, dry place. If you have a cover or lid, for your cast iron, place a folded paper towel in between lid and the base allowing air to circulate. This prevents moisture from collecting inside the vessel, which can cause rust.
Get the full rundown on Lodge Cast Iron in our ‘Learn about Lodge‘ Blog.