Introducing the SCANPAN Kattegat 6-Piece Knife Block Set in Oak featuring SCANPAN Classic knives.
Inspired by the clear, crisp waters of the sea bounded by the Jutlandic peninsula in Denmark’s west, the SCANPAN Kattegat block is made from quality Oak. This wood is known for its durability and attractive wood grain. It is less likely to warp when exposed to sunlight and possesses good water-resistant properties. The design of the block floats above its stainless steel base and contrasts seamlessly with the Classic knives it holds. Danish design and modern production technology are combined in this knife series. Each knife has blades sharpened with a new grinding technique for improved and long-lasting performance. The knives are robust and manufactured with optimum weight and balance around the knife shoulder, with an ergonomically designed handle featuring a rounded back for greater finger comfort.
The Oak Kattegat Set consists of the following SCANPAN Knives
- 9cm Paring Knife – ideal for peeling with precision
- 12.5cm Santoku Knife – for those finer cuts!
- 20cm Chef’s Knife – ideal for meat
- 20cm Bread Knife – effortlessly slice through crusty French loaves
- 20cm Carving Knife – for the largest roast to a delicate Danish pastry
Why Buy Me?
- All SCANPAN knives are guaranteed against manufacturing faults and defects for 10 years
- These knives will give you exceptional results every time
- Finest quality German stainless steel
- Superior “Hairline Finish” taper-ground cutting edge
- Hardness-tested to HRC 56-57
- Genuine Danish design
- Superb weight distribution and balance
- Ergonomic stainless steel handle geometry with rounded design
- Rounded back of knife blade for increased finger comfort
- New ergonomic bolster improves chopping grip
Maintenance & Care:
SCANPAN Classic Knives will last a lifetime if afforded proper care. To avoid accidental injury and blade damage, treat knives with respect and always handle them with due care. Cutting on a soft, non-abrasive surface such as a timber or plastic cutting board will help prevent premature dulling of the blade. Regular use of a SCANPAN Classic Diamond Sharpening Steel will ensure that your knives retain their keen razor-sharp edge. All SCANPAN Classic knives are dishwasher safe however due to the harsh nature of the machine cleansing process, we recommend that you hand wash your knife and dry it with a towel. Never store cutlery pieces lose in a drawer.