Staub Cast Iron Oval Cocotte Black (2 Sizes)
$699.00 – $799.00
Made in France. All heat sources including induction. Use from oven to table. Gift boxed
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Staub self-basting system efficiency: The rainfall effect
Located in Alsace France, Staub are manufacturers of superb quality Cast Iron cookware. The company was founded by Francis Staub in 1974. Staub offers an extensive range including cocotte, frying pans, terrines, grill pans, mussel pots etc. Traditional materials and manufacturing processes are used to conserve the authenticity of the brand and the overall cooking experience. Staub has become the benchmark for enamelled cast iron cookware and is the reference brand for some of the world’s greatest chef’s including Paul Bocuse. All the products can be used on all heat sources including induction. Staub is perfect for cooking professionals, cordon bleu chefs and the curious home cook who wants to discover the benefits of healthy and tasty cooking. All Staub pieces are suitable for use from oven to table, making a lovely presentation showpiece to impress family and friends.
One of Staub’s signature dishes, the ‘Cocotte’ is made in France using a sand mould that is destroyed after each piece is made, meaning every Staub piece is totally unique. These cocotte’s feature a heavy, tight-fitting lid with self-basting spikes that ensures even distribution of juices throughout cooking to intensify flavours and retain the aromas and vitamins within the food, so your food is moist and flavourful.
The interior of Staub’s Cocotte’s features a black matte enamel finish that requires little seasoning over time and is more resistant to scratches and chips while the exterior is enamelled. Enamel cast iron is a traditionally strong material, ideal for low heat cooking, it retains heat better than any other material, equal heat distribution eliminates hot spots. The smooth bottom is suitable for use on any cooking surface, (including induction) without scratching the surface of your cooktop.
The self-basting system consisting of distributed spikes over the whole inside flat lid ensures a continuous rainfall over the food inside the cocotte keeping the food moist whilst cooking. The Staub self-basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.
- Suitable on all heat sources including induction
- Made in France using sand moulds
- Black matte enamel interior requires very little seasoning
- Cast Iron is a great heat retainer and provides equal heat distribution
- Heavy, tight-fitting flat lid features self-basting spikes for continuous, even distribution of juices throughout cooking
- Gift boxed, perfect for gifts.
- Material: High quality cast iron lid and base. Tough, chip-resistant enamel, inside and out. Brass steel knob
- 31cm – 5.5L Capacity
- 33cm – 6.7L Capacity
Care Instrctions for your Staub Cocotte:
- Dishwasher safe, however, hand washing is recommended. Soak in warm water with a small amount of dishwashing liquid to remove stubborn residue.
- Do not heat cast iron rapidly, low to medium heat required only.
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic utensils only to avoid damage to the enamel coating. Avoid Metal utensils.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.