- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- In a large pot cover the whole wheat macaroni with boiling water, add 2 tsp salt and a dash of olive oil. Bring to the boil for. 5min and cook for another 3min until al dente, then remove from the heat and drain off the water.
- Lightly coat the cooked pasta with olive oil and transfer into the casserole.
- In a blender, add the cooked butternut, chickpeas, spices, oil and milk until very smooth. Season according to taste
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and stir through until very well incorporated.
- Blend the crumb ingredients in a blender or food processor until it forms a crumb.
- Sprinkle over the crumb topping and then bake in the oven for 10-15min until the crumb is golden brown.
- Serve warm and in good company.
See more in this rich & gold-toned hue, Nectar.