The story of Zwilling began in 1731, when Johann Peter Henckels registered the now-famous “twin” symbol as his trademark with the Cutler’s Guild in Solingen, Germany. Since then, the company has gained an international reputation for producing knives, shears, scissors, cookware, kitchen gadgets and beauty products of exceptional quality and craftsmanship. Blending centuries-old traditions with the latest innovations, Zwilling’s range of products is standard equipment in professional and home kitchens around the world.
Made from one continuous piece of steel the Professional “S” knives offer optimum balance and cutting efficiency.
Professional ‘S’ are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with Zwilling’s signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will not stain or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives’ laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these three-rivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.
The Zwilling Professional ‘S’ 18cm Santoku Knife is a traditional Asian-styled chef’s knife designed to help with all tasks in the kitchen, meat, fish and vegetables.
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon no stain steel
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Ergonomic polymer, three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
- 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
- Edge angle 15 degrees per side