Miyabi Birchwood (Gyutoh & Shotoh) 2 Piece Gift Set
1 in stock
The Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD Knife set combines the 20cm Chef’s knife & the 13cm utility/paring knife.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Miyabi knives are authentically designed by the Japanese and have a contemporary Japanese design.
Each knife is hand-finished in the honbazuke style with a true cutting edge in the Zwilling factory in Seki, Japan. Every Miyabi knife takes over 42 days to produce with 100 steps along the way. Miyabi knives exemplify the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the excellence of German engineering.
The Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD 20cm (Gyutoh) Chef’s Knife is a sturdy, heavy knife with a broad, strong blade and a fine cutting edge. An all-rounder for professions and hobby chefs, suitable for chopping herbs, cutting vegetables and slicing and dicing fish and meat. The Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD 13cm (Shotoh) Paring Knife is a small Asian vegetable knife with a strong blade, straight cutting edge and firm tip.
Included in this gift set:
MIYABI 5000 MCD Gyutoh, 20cm blade. The gyutoh, or chef’s knife, is a general-purpose knife for the preparation of larger cuts of meat and vegetables.
MIYABI 5000 MCD Shotoh, 13cm blade. The shotoh, or petty knife, is ideal for the preparation of smaller cuts of meat and fruit and vegetables.
- Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD range combines the greatest in hardening technology, most precious knife materials and the artistry of traditional Japanese craftsmanship
- The core of the SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern
- CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process which maximises the properties of the steel
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- CRYODUR ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell
- Stunning Birch handle features a striking mosaic pin, red spaces accents, and a steel end cap
- D-shaped handle for perfect balance, optimum control, and tireless cutting
- Blade core made of SG2 Super Steel, surrounded by 101 layers of Damask steel
To find out the best knife to use for your next task at hand, how to sharpen and care for it, and why how your knife is produced is important, check our Best Knife Guide Online blog post.
How to care for your Miyabi Knives:
- Do not wash in the dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades!
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture-free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.
You May Also Need
Yaxell Magnetic Knife Rack Bamboo (2 Sizes)$84.99 – $124.99
Miyabi Toishi Pro Sharpening Stone 1000-Grit$269.00