Miyabi knives are authentically designed by the Japanese and have a contemporary Japanese design. Each knife is hand finished in the honbazuke style with a true cutting edge in the Zwilling factory in Seki, Japan. Every Miyabi knife takes over 42 days to produce with 100 steps along the way. Miyabi knives exemplify the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the excellence of German engineering.
The Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD Sujihiki Slicing Knife is a long, slim knife with a strong blade and fine cutting edge.
- Miyabi Birchwood 5000MCD range combines the greatest in hardening technology, most precious knife materials and the artistry of traditional Japanese craftsmanship
- The core of the SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern
- CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process which maximises the properties of the steel
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- CRYODUR ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell
- Stunning Birch handle features a striking mosaic pin, red spaces accents, and a steel end cap
- D-shaped handle for perfect balance, optimum control, and tireless cutting
- Blade core made of SG2 Super Steel, surrounded by 101 layers of Damask steel
- Dimensions: Length 24cm (Blade)
How to care for your Miyabi 24cm Slicing Knife:
- Do not wash in the dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades!
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture-free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives