Main Ingredient: Gnocchi
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 MIn
Recipe by: Le Creuset
Delicious and comforting. Tender gnocchi served with a creamy blue cheese sauce topped with crispy kale and sliced chorizo.
- Heat a pan with olive oil. Once heated, place the kale in the pan, and fry in batches for a few seconds until bright green and crispy. Be very careful of the oil as it will splatter. Allow the kale to drain on a paper towel.
- In the same pan, fry the sliced chorizo until golden brown and set aside.
- Place the butter in a Le Creuset 24cm Signature Frying Pan over medium heat. Once melted, cook for 3-4 minutes or until the butter turns brown in colour. Your butter should be a light golden brown and have a nutty smell. Place the burnt butter in a bowl, add a squeeze of lemon juice, and set aside.
- Place a Le Creuset Signature Frying Pan over medium heat, add olive oil and allow to heat. Fry the gnocchi in batches so that they brown evenly and do not steam. Fry until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Place the browned butter in the pan and toss the gnocchi through. Pour out onto a baking tray and keep aside in a warmed oven while you cook your sauce.
- Place the same pan back over medium heat with olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and fry until golden and caramelised. Add the sour cream and stir. Crumble in the blue cheese and stir to melt through. Depending on your preference, add a splash of water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spoon the burnt butter gnocchi over the warm sauce in the pan. Top with crispy kale and thinly sliced chorizo.
Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.