Main Ingredient: Cashews
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Recipe by: Mad Millie
Feeling like a pick me up? The combination of nut mylk and turmeric is a perfect choice and can be made in a matter of minutes!
- Measure cashews into a jar or bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Rinse and drain the cashews using a nut bag.
- Put the cashews into a blender with 3 cups (750 mL) of water the honey and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until smooth, this will take about 2 – 3 minutes depending on your blender.
- Pour the mixture into your nut bag with a jug/bowl underneath to catch the mylk.
- Use an extra 1 cup (250 mL) of water to rinse out the blender and pour this through the nut mylk bag.
- Give the bag a good squeeze to ensure you get all the goodness out of it.
- Pour the fresh nut mylk into a glass bottle and measure the turmeric powder into the bottle. Shake hard to mix it up well. We recommend adding the turmeric here, so it doesn’t stain your nut mylk bag.
- Store in the refrigerator for up for 5 days, shake well before drinking.