Main Ingredient: Apples
Cook Time: Under 2 hrs
Recipe by: Di Swann
- Preheat the oven to 200° Re-roll the pastry and line the base and sides of a 23cm flan tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Line pastry base with baking paper and baking beans. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper and place on a cake rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs beating well. Add flour and continue beating until well mixed. Fold in the ground almonds.
- Cut the apples into quarters and slice thinly.
- Spread the almond filling over the pastry base.
- Place the apples onto the filling, fanning them out so that they overlap.
- Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the filling is nearly set. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving with Greek yoghurt on the side.
Cooks Notes: The top can be glazed with a little berry jelly or jam if desired