Main Ingredient: Plums
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 4-6 hrs refrigeration
Recipe by: Food in a Minute
This plumtastic cheesecake brings out the unique tangy flavour and vibrant colour of black doris plums and is sure to stay around on your dessert menu for many seasons to come, absolutely divine!
- Line the base and sides of a 22cm loose bottom springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and press into the base of the tin. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Drain Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup and reserve the syrup. Remove the stones from the plums.
- With an electric beater, beat the cream cheese, sugar and plums in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the cream and beat again until well mixed.
- Pour ¼ cup of boiling water into a small bowl. Add the gelatine and stir to dissolve. Stir into the cheesecake mixture.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over the biscuit base. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until set.
- To serve, release the sides of the tin and remove the baking paper from the sides then slide the cheesecake off the baking paper base onto a serving platter. Serve with the plum coulis and garnish with fresh plums or seasonal fruits.
Mix cornflour into ¼ of the cold syrup. Pour this and remaining syrup into a small saucepan. Heat stirring continuously until the coulis thickens and boils. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until cold. Serve with the cheesecake
Try this Summer Black Doris Plum Sorbet next!
For this and more great recipe inspiration, visit foodinaminute.co.nz or download
the FREE app.