This delicious and comforting skillet pudding is pure bliss. Buttermilk lends a rich, full-bodied flavour, with the essence of lemon permeating throughout and fresh juicy berries to garnish.
To make the Buttermilk Pudding:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs gradually until well combined and add the vanilla paste.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold to combine, adding a pinch of salt.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and fold through.
- Pour into a greased Le Creuset 23cm Signature Skillet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden and puffy.
To make the Syrup:
- Boil the maple syrup and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the buttermilk pudding is cooked through, remove from the oven and pour the syrup over.
- Allow the pudding to completely absorb the syrup before serving.
To make the Topping:
- In a pan, add the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar and place over medium to high heat for 5 minutes, or until soft and juicy.
- Serve the buttermilk pudding with juicy blueberries, flaked almonds and a dusting of icing sugar.