Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: under 30 min.
Cook Time: Under 1hr
Recipe by: Le Creuset
A fresh, fragrant and quick to prepare Thai green curry with chicken recipe. This exotic vegetable-packed curry is an easy weeknight meal.
- Begin by washing the chicken thoroughly, pat dry and cut into fine strips. Place in a bowl with fish sauce and mix well. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the aubergines, remove the stalks and cut them into thin slices.
- Wash the lime leaves, remove the stems and leaf veins and cut them into very fine strips. Wash the Thai basil and pluck the leaves.
- Heat the oil in the Le Creuset Signature Round Casserole over medium heat. Briefly sear the chicken on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Lift off the coconut cream (the solid part of the coconut milk) with a spoon, and place in the casserole and heat. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and finely chopped lemongrass and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped lime leaves, aubergine slices and snap peas and pour in the remaining coconut milk and the chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes, and then add the chicken and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Season the sauce again with salt, sugar and lime juice. Finally, stir in the Thai basil.
Sprinkle the green Thai curry with chopped coriander and cashew nuts and serve with jasmine rice.