Main Ingredient: Beef
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Recipe by: Le Creuset
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced
- Place rib roast in Le Creuset Cast Iron Signature Oval Casserole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1 stick of butter, and parsley. Pulse until all ingredients are combined into a paste.
- Evenly spread paste over the rib roast about 0.5cm thick.
- Bake for 2 hr. 20 min. until meat thermometer reads 55°C for medium rare.
Mushroom & Wilted greens pan jus
- Remove roast from Oval Casserole and set aside, keeping warm.
- Degrease the Oval Casserole by pouring excess grease into a container to discard.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the Oval Casserole over medium-high heat.
- Deglaze the pan by scraping browned bitts off the bottom. Add beef stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce by a third.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are soft
- Add greens and sauté until glossy and wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return roast to the Oval Casserole and serve