Main Ingredient: Tuna
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Recipe by: Le Creuset
Seared tuna crusted with sesame seeds is a restaurant-style treat that is so quick and easy to make at home and will be sure to impress any and all guests that try or even glance at this dish!
- Cut the tuna into rectangular slabbed portions before rolling in black sesame seeds to make a crust.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a Le Creuset TNS Rectangular Plancha and sear the tuna on all sides for a minute or so. Do not overcook the tuna as you want it to be rare and pink inside. Remove from the heat and rest.
- For the avocado crème, puree the mashed avocado with the cream cheese or crème fraiche until smooth, season to taste adding a squeeze of lemon if necessary. Add to a piping bag for plating.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together to make the lime and ponzu drizzle and set aside to marinate.
- Slice the tuna on a board and arrange on the cooled TNS Rectangular Plancha to serve. Using a piping bag, randomly dot the avocado crème and the plain yoghurt over the tuna. Decorate with cucumber ribbons, micro herbs and a sprinkling of pink peppercorns. Spoon over the lime and ponzu drizzle just before serving.