Main Ingredient: Pumpkin
Prep Time: 1Hr + 30 Min. refrigeration
Cook Time: 5 Min.
A modern approach to traditional ravioli, made in a large size. Makes 4 Large Raviolis
Attach the flat beater to the stand mixer. Place flour, salt, eggs and oil into mixing bowl. Turn mixer to speed 2 and mix until mixture is well combined. Attach the dough hook. Turn mixture to speed 2 and knead 3-4 minutes or until the dough is smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest (refrigerate if desired) for a minimum of 30 minutes.
To prepare the filling
- Place the pumpkin on a baking paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with about 2 tbs of the oil. Sprinkle with the spices and bake 30–40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Set aside to cool then roughly mash with a fork.
- Combine with the pumpkin, and ricotta cheese, mixing well.
To make the pasta sheet
- Cut dough into 3 even sections. Attach pasta sheet roller to stand mixer. Take one section of dough and pat out to flatten.
- Adjust the roller setting to 1. Turn mixer to speed 4 and feed the dough into rollers. Fold dough in half and feed through again.
- Repeat this step twice. Adjusting the rollers to setting, 2 then 3, then 4, then finally setting 6 for each roll.
- Remove the pasta sheets to a lightly floured surface. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 3 sheets of pasta.
Filling the Ravioli
- Take 1 sheet. Arrange rounded tablespoons of the filling along the sheet – so you have 4 moulds of filling on the sheet.
- Moisten around edges around each filling mould with a little water. Fold the pasta sheet over to totally encase the filling.
- Cup around the moulds of pumpkin with your hands.
- Cut dough into 4 individual large ravioli and press the edges together with a fork.
- Repeat with the remaining pasta and filling until you have 12 ravioli.
- Cook ravioli for 3-4 minutes in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and place into serving bowls.
- Top the hot ravioli with the butter, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.