Named after the Picardie province in Northern France (the heartland of French gothic cathedrals). Known as “the original French tumblers”, Picardie tumblers are functional, stylish and comfortable in the hand.
The Picardie glasses are still Duralex’s best-selling tumblers today. The Picardie has been hailed as one of the Top 20 Designs that Defined the Modern World (by CNN Style).
This soothing amber Picardie Tumbler is a contemporary design that takes on tough, tempered glassware for the bar and table. The combination of durability and style means they are perfect for a busy drinks service environment. Their impressive sturdiness and temperature resistance mean they are a versatile serving option for everything from cocktails to coffee.
Colouring is not sprayed – it is in the glass.
Duralex Tempered Glass Benefits
- Impact & chip resistant, extremely durable – Duralex tempered glass is 2.5 times stronger than ordinary glass.
- Thermal shock-resistant – Duralex is manufactured to withstand sudden temperature extremes from -20°C to 100°C and is suitable for hot or cold liquids.
- Safety – If broken, Duralex shatters into small pieces, reducing the risk of injury.
- Hygienic – Nonporous Duralex glass does not absorb liquid.
- Stackable – The Duralex glasses and bowls are stackable for convenient and space-saving storage.
- 100% recyclable – Glass is one of the most recyclable materials on the planet. Duralex glass, unlike boron-based cooking or pharmaceutical glass, is fully recyclable
- Lead and cadmium free – Made of soda-lime glass created from sand, soda ash and limestone
- Top-quality – Constant quality control guarantees excellence and built-in durability insures that Duralex products will maintain their look for many years.
- Microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe – Adaptable modern glassware can go directly from the freezer to the microwave. Dishwasher Safe.
- Made in France – Since 1945
- Diameter: 8.5cm
- Height: 9.0cm
- Capacity: 250ml
- Set size: 6 pieces
Founded in 1945, Duralex has been manufacturing tempered glassware and tabletop products for over 80 years in La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin in the very heart of France. Since 1945, when Duralex invented the glass tempering process, the name Duralex has been associated with toughened glassware, utilizing their proprietary process.
Duralex tempered glasses are equally suitable for cold or hot drinks, conveniently stackable, microwave, freezer and dishwasher-safe, impact and chip-resistant, and the perfect weight. Duralex is and will always remain a true French manufacturer of glassware and tabletop products, and is the only glass manufacturer that makes 100% of its products in France. All Duralex components are purchased close to their factory to reduce the carbon footprint in terms of transportation.