Miyabi Kaizen II (Shotoh) Utility Knife 13cm
Ideal for the preparation of smaller cuts of meat and fruit and vegetables.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Miyabi knives are authentically designed by the Japanese and have a contemporary Japanese design. Each knife is hand-finished in the honbazuke style with a true cutting edge in the Zwilling factory in Seki, Japan. Every Miyabi knife takes over 42 days to produce with 100 steps along the way. Miyabi knives exemplify the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the excellence of German engineering.
The Kaizen II collection boasts traditional Japanese craftsmanship combined with the best hardening technology and beautiful modern design. The Miyabi 5000FCD Series will delight lovers of the Japanese cuisine with their perfect balance and comfortable handle. The blade core, constructed from FC61 Fine Carbide steel holds its sharp edge and is incredibly durable, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel. FRIODUR ice-hardened to a 61 Rockwell hardness ensures extreme hardness, corrosion resistance and material elasticity of the knives. The sleek floral damask pattern on the blade is a result of the special blade treatment which alters the surface structure of each layer, giving each blade its individual floral damask pattern. A traditional Japanese Honbazuke (a three-stage grinding, sharpening and polishing process) v-edge honing gives the 19° symmetrical blade incomparable sharpness (not single bevel) so it’s suitable for both right and left-handed use. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used. The ergonomic black Pakka Wood handle seamlessly joins the half-bolster and is comfortable to hold, balanced with a steel end cap and decorative pin, completing the sophisticated design. The smooth join helps to prevent calluses from forming on the thumb and forefinger.
MIYABI 5000 FCD Shotoh, 13cm blade. The shotoh, or petty knife, is ideal for the preparation of smaller cuts of meat and fruit and vegetables.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Made in Japan
- Do not wash in the dishwasher, as this may cause corrosion of the blades
- To clean, run under hot water with a small amount of detergent and dry thoroughly
- Store in a dry, moisture-free place to avoid rusting or discolouration
- If the knives are not used for an extended period of time, wrap them in a dry cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place; the hygroscopic paper will keep the blades dry and the oil from the printing ink prevent corrosion
- Select the correct knife for the task to ensure you will get the best cutting results and you are also easy on the blades
- Miyabi knives should only be sharpened with a professional sharpening stone due to the extremely hard steel and the fine Honbazuke honing of the knives
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.