Main Ingredient: Macadamia Nuts
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 8 Hours
Recipe by: Mad Millie
Berry nut mylk smoothie to start the day? Heck yes!
- Measure macadamias into a jar or bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 8 hours.
- Rinse and drain the macadamias using a nut bag.
- Put the macadamias into a blender with 3 cups (750 mL) of water.
- Blend until smooth, this will take about 2 – 3 minutes depending on your blender.
- Pour the mixture into your nut bag with a jug/bowl underneath to catch the mylk.
- Use an extra 1 cup (250 mL) of water to rinse out the blender and pour this through the nut mylk bag.
- Give the bag a good squeeze to ensure you get all the goodness out of it.
- Pour the fresh nut mylk back into the blender and add remaining ingredients, blend until combined.
- Pour the nut mylk into a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator for up for 5 days, shake well before drinking.