Main Ingredient: Flour /Cinnamon
Prep Time: 1.75Hrs
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Recipe by: Lodge Cast Iron
Nothing says Saturday morning better than a gooey classic cinnamon roll. Delight the whole family with this finger-licking homemade treat. Made in our 9 x 13 Casserole, you’ll have enough for seconds.
- Dissolve yeast in milk, about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and sugar.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix wet ingredients at medium speed. Slowly add dry ingredients. Switch to a dough hook attachment and knead all ingredients until dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl, 5-7 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and turn dough to coat sides with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- Deflate the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16 x 24-inch rectangle and brush with 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix remaining filling ingredients together and spread evenly over the dough.
- Starting with the long end, roll the dough into a log, seam-side down, and slice into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased casserole pan and cover with a slightly damp dishtowel for about 30 minutes. While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the rolls until they are golden
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the sugar gradually, beating well. Add milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches preferred consistency.
- Remove rolls from the oven and allow them to cool 10 minutes before icing.