Honeywrap DIY Wraps Wax Blocks
For homemade loaves, baguettes and great for giant platters!
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Each block is enough to make our set of 3 sizes, a small, medium and large.
* It can be a bit of a messy process, the wax mix is very sticky and will not easily come off your tools or surfaces but that’s what makes Honeywrap work so well. If you are not prepared for the wax to be with you for a while, we suggest buying some of our pre-made ones, professionally prepared for you.
There are a few ways to make your own wraps at home, and if you have used our Create Your Own Starter Kits before, you will be familiar!
Here’s one easy way to make your own:
1. Turn on oven to 80° degrees. (Any higher will burn the wax and cause your smoke alarm to go off!)
2. Put your pre-cut organic(way better for your food and the environment) fabric on a piece of baking sheet on top of an oven tray.
3. Grate your block of wax with a grater and sprinkle evenly over the fabric, like you would a pizza – not too heavy-handed like cheese.
4. Put in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the wax has melted.
5. Pull out and use your brush to spread the melted wax to cover all areas as evenly as possible.
6. Hang to dry and start using when cool!
7. Kiss goodbye to plastic!
- Wait for your food to cool before using your Honeywrap.
- Honeywraps don’t like the heat, so do not put in the oven, dishwasher or microwave. They will create a small mess!
- Honeywraps are made from all-natural ingredients; a number of them by-products.
- They are free of toxins.
- Honeywraps can be put in the compost when their use is finished.
- When stored in the fridge the beeswax will harden further, retaining the shape and sealing in the goodness.
- Wash with cold water and mild soap.
- Some oils and sauces will stain your Honeywrap, but your food will stay fresh.
- Do not use for covering raw meats.
- Your Honeywrap will last for up to one year following these simple steps.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.