Main Ingredient: Chicken & Beer
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Serves: 2-4 pers
Recipe by: Lodge Cast Iron
This Will Be Your New Favourite Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven Chicken Recipe!
This hearty dish is a great way to refuel. The use of beer as a cooking liquid adds complexity and enhances the ingredients’ flavours without being overpowering. After just 45 minutes, you’ll have tender chicken and flavourful veggies to satisfy your crowd. This recipe is made with the versatile Combo Cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the lid and base of the combo cooker together over medium heat, 5 minutes.
- Sear chicken for 4 minutes per side and remove to a plate.
- While the chicken is cooking, place bacon in the base of the Combo Cooker and cook stirring occasionally until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel-lined plate and add potatoes and carrots to the combo cooker.
- Cook potatoes and carrots undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir and cook until potatoes and carrots begin to show some colour.
- Add beer, mustard, garlic, honey, and reserved bacon, and stir.
- Nest chicken in the veggies and bring to a boil.
- Top with the lid and lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check for doneness. Veggies should be fork tender.
- If the veggies need more time, recover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with chopped parsley.