Main Ingredient: Sorbet
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Serves: 8 1/2 cup servings
Recipe by: Cuisinart
Simple and delicious recipe to make Lemon Sorbet (or other sorbet’s) at home for the family using a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer without stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- This is called a simple syrup, and may be made ahead in larger quantities to have on hand for making citrus sorbets. Allow to cool completely. When cool, add the lemon juice and zest stir to combine. If not freezing immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in ingredients. Allow to mix and freeze until desired serving consistency is reached. Begin checking consistency after 12 to 15 minutes of freezing.
- If sorbet is not thick enough, pour back into the freezer bowl and continue mixing/freezing until desired consistency is reached, checking every few minutes.
- Serve in cups, adding mix-ins while dispensing sorbet.
Lime Sorbet: Substitute 11/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice for the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon finely chopped lime zest for the lemon zest.
Lemon-Lime Sorbet: Use half lemon juice and half lime juice and 1/2 tablespoon each of finely chopped lemon and lime zest.
Pink Grapefruit Sorbet: Substitute 11/2 cups freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice for the lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon finely chopped grapefruit zest for the lemon zest. Add 1/4 cup orgeat syrup to the mixture (orgeat syrup is used for cocktails such as a mai tai or scorpion and can be found with the drink mixers in most grocery stores).
Cooks notes: *When zesting a lemon or lime use a vegetable peeler to remove the coloured part of the citrus rind.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 204 (0% from fat) – carb. 54g – pro. 0g – fat 0g – sat. fat 0g – chol. 0mg – sod. 3mg -calc. 5mg – fibre 0g