Avanti BBQ Pizza Stone with Aluminium Slider 33cm
Made from natural kiln-fired clay. Gas & charcoal BBQ, convection oven and outdoor oven safe
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Enjoy the delicious flavour and perfect texture of brick-oven pizza right from your barbeque with the Avanti BBQ Pizza Stone with Aluminium Slider. Made from natural kiln-fired clay, the sturdy smooth ceramic dish absorbs excess moisture and distributes heat evenly so there are no hot spots, producing light crispy crusts just like an authentic brick pizza oven. Included is a convenient aluminium slider to prepare the pizza on and to carry to and from the BBQ. Suitable for both charcoal and gas barbecues, this BBQ Baking Stone is excellent for re-heating pre-baked items such as frozen pizzas, pastries and pies in convection ovens
Use it to also bake crusty bread, crunch cookies, crispy tortillas and delicious croissants
- Generous 33cm diameter
- Made from natural kiln-fired clay
- Distributes heat evenly
- Absorbs moisture
- Gas & charcoal BBQ, convection oven and outdoor oven safe
- Aluminium slider included
- Easy to clean
Use & Care
- Place the stone on the rack and pre-heat at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Whilst stone is heating, prepare pizza on the slider. Firstly, dust the slider with cornmeal or semolina flour to prevent the pizza from sticking. Place dough on the slider and gently shake the slider to ensure the pizza has not stuck.
- When heated and time to bake, turn all burners under the pizza stone down to low.
- Transfer the pizza from the slider onto the heated pizza stone (or put the slider directly on the stone) and shut the lid.
- Bake pizza for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are cooked.
- Light the barbecue and position most of the coals to one side.
- Place the pizza stone on the rack on the opposite side of the piled-up coals. Close the lid and leave and preheat the stone for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the stone is heating, prepare pizza on the slider. Firstly, dust the slider with cornmeal or semolina flour to prevent the pizza from sticking. Place dough on the slider and gently shake the slider to ensure the pizza has not stuck.
- Transfer the pizza from the slider onto the heated pizza stone (or put the slider directly on the stone) and place the lid back on.
- Bake pizza for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are cooked. (Time will vary due to temperature and amount of toppings used.)
TIP: Coals will control the heat of the barbecue. If the pizza cooks too quickly, move a few coals to the side and away from the stone. If the pizza takes too long, position a few more coals directly underneath the pizza stone.
To clean, scrape off baked-on food residue with a dry cloth or spatula. Once cool, run under hot water while lightly scrubbing the cooking surface with a brush and rinse. Do not use detergent as it will absorb into the stone’s porous surface and can impart a soapy aftertaste to food when next used. Air-dry the stone. DO NOT place in a dishwasher: Allow Baking Stone to dry completely before using it again. Avoid extremes of temperature (thermal shock! which may crack the ceramic disc. Never put a hot stone into cold water or in the refrigerator. Never place over an open flame.
Please Note: The stone will darken and spot with use. This is normal and will not affect its performance.
CAUTION: STONE AND SLIDER GET EXTREMELY HOT USE OVEN GLOVES OR MITTS ALWAYS USE CAUTION TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL BURNS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.