Kai Shun Engetsu 20th Anniversary Chef’s Knife 20cm
Celebrating Kai Shun’s 20th year with this limited-edition range
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Since the beginning,
Ever present, every day.
Like the moon, it breathes colour into life.
ENGETSU. The full moon rises.
Born of Japanese heritage, these hardened steel, state-of-the-art Engetsu knives are the absolute pinnacle of sharpness. With a unique and artistic blade pattern that isn’t seen on any other knife around the world, these Kai Shun Engetsu knives’ extraordinary design is sure to impress. Celebrating Kai Shun’s 20th year, this premium limited range of limited-edition knives are crafted with the user in mind.
Zone Performance Blade
The dual-core construction of this blade is a VG2 & VG10 blend with a total of 71 layers. VG2 is a flexible but resistant material and VG10 is very hard steel. The unique design of the blade offers durability and toughness at the heel and the tip of the blade (Zone 1) which differs from zone 2; the centre. This gives you different zones of performance when required. Zone 2, the middle part features a higher density of mixture G2 & VG10. During use, this generates fine micro-serrations and the patterned blade offers additional food releasing properties enabling precision slicing. Also features a rounded heel and spine for pinch grip comfort.
The forged stainless steel Sub-Hilt guard on the Blue Pakkawood handle of these knives (black hoop) brings weight and balance. The MIM forged stainless steel bolster and endcap enable precision balancing of the handle. The endcap of this range features a coloured embossed Shun logo.
- Blade Material: 71 Layer VG2 & VG10 Blend in both zone 1 and zone 2.
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Blade Finish: Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Handle Material: Ambidextrous and comfortable blue coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated hardwood)
- Blade length: 20cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- These Shun Engetsu Knives are presented in a luxurious wooden gift box complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.