Kai Shun Classic White Chefs Knife 20cm
Suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
Kai Corporation has recently produced these beautiful Kai Shun Classic Knives in an Ashwood coloured handle.
The Shun Classic Chefs Knife is shaped in the traditional European style and is an all-purpose knife suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables. If there is one knife that you simply can’t be without, it’s this one. The Shun Classic 20cm Chefs Knife is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, meats, and other foods. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chefs knife can be gently “rocked” through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. Shun Classic’s thinner blades make it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable European-style Chefs knives.
Available in a LEFT-HAND variant.
Born of the ancient samurai swordmaking tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is the perfect line for those making their first foray into the Japanese knife market. Produced in the widest variety of specialised styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs. Handcrafted in Japan it takes more than 100 steps to make each Shun knife. The Shun Classic series features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives’ beauty is function; razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun Classic’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side (a total of 69 layers), then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Blade Material: VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side clad with 34 layers (total 69 layers of steel) of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel.
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material: The asymmetrical chestnut-shaped ashwood coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated, moisture-resistant hardwood) handle is designed to comfortably sit in your hand. (designed for right-hand use only)
- Blade length: 20cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Classic Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.