Kai Shun Premier Chefs Knife 15cm
Suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Premier Chefs Knife is shaped in the traditional European style and is an all-purpose knife suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables. A chefs knife is a personal choice. That’s why Shun offers so many different lines and blade lengths. For instance, in the same way that some cooks prefer a longer chefs knife, others prefer a shorter length. For cooks who enjoy the lightweight nimbleness of a shorter blade, we offer the Shun Premier 15cm Chefs Knife. Of course, it performs all the tasks for which you choose a chefs knife, from slicing, dicing, and chopping to making rocking cuts through herbs. Yet it also offers the quick, agile performance and a high degree of control that a slightly smaller knife can provide.
Shun Premier calls to mind the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan yet offers performance born from the latest advances in knife design and technology. Premier blades are thinner and lighter for fast and agile handling, while the blade design – with wide weight distribution from the tip to end cap – ensures stability and strength. Shun Premier blades are made of VG-MAX steel, clad with stainless Damascus. Where the steels meet, an attractive wavy line called a hamon is formed. Premier blades are ground to a quick taper edge that helps move food away from the blade quickly. The beautiful hand-hammered finish – tsuchime (tsoo-CHEE-may) in Japanese – also improves food release when cutting. The two-position handle, in rich walnut PakkaWood, offers a trigger grip for pull cuts as well as the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Blade Material: Proprietary VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side with 34 layers (69 total including core) of SUS410/SUS431 pattern stainless steel Damascus cladding
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Handle Material: Contoured, ambidextrous walnut coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated hardwood)
- Blade length: 15cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Premier Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.