Main Ingredient: Cocoa Powder
Prep Time: 15-20 Mins
Cook Time: 45-50 Mins
Recipe by: Lodge Cast Iron
A chocolate cake that ticks all the boxes: incredibly moist, light and fudgy, intensely chocolate-y, just the right amount of sweet. It looks incredibly impressive, yet it couldn’t be easier to make and decorate. If you don’t have time to make the ganache, it’s also delicious dusted with powdered sugar.
Baked in the Lodge Fluted Cake Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease fluted cake pan with 1 tablespoon butter or Baker’s Joy spray.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat oil, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and coffee until well mixed, about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beating mixer on a low speed, slowly add dry ingredients into wet. Continue to mix until no dry lumps remain.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake looks shiny and the edges slightly pull away from the pan. Let rest 10 minutes before turning out. Let cool completely, then drizzle with ganache or dust with powdered sugar.
- Heat heavy cream until almost boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is uniform.
Turn a chocolate cake into a spooky spider web! Drizzled a web on top with white frosting