Kai Shun Classic 2 Piece Carving Knife Set
The Shun Classic 2 Piece Knife set is beautifully presented in a special Shun wooden gift box.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Classic 2 Piece Carving set is beautifully presented in a special Shun wooden gift box. Each set contains a Shun Classic Carving Knife 20cm and the Shun Classic Carving Fork 16cm. Achieve the perfect slice of meat or poultry with the Shun Classic 20cm Carving Knife. It’s the right knife whether you want to carve paper-thin or thick and juicy slices. The razor-sharp blade makes a cleaner cut, which helps keep more of the juices—and more of the flavour—trapped in the meat. The longer blade means you can make precise slices with a single stroke, while the pointed, narrow tip lets you cut meat away from the bone with ease. Turkey, beef, or the delicate flesh of a salmon—the Shun Classic Carving knife handles them with ease, keeping the flavour sealed in and making sure your tableside presentation is perfection itself. The two-pronged fork easily holds food in place while slicing or carving and assists in serving, too. The Shun Classic Carving Fork acts as an extension of the carver’s arm, holding the meat in place while your Shun Slicing or Carving Knife glides through, making beautiful slices.
Born of the ancient samurai swordmaking tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is the perfect line for those making their first foray into the Japanese knife market. Produced in the widest variety of specialised styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs. Handcrafted in Japan it takes more than 100 steps to make each Shun knife. The Shun Classic series features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives’ beauty is function; razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun Classic’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side (a total of 69 layers), then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Blade Material: VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side clad with 34 layers (total 69 layers of steel) of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel. The fork is made from 1.4116 German Steel
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC Knife. 53-57 HRC Fork.
- Blade Finish: Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material: The D-shaped ebony coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated, moisture-resistant hardwood) handle is designed to comfortably sit in your hand.
- Blade length: 20cm Knife, 16cm Fork
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- This Carving set comes in a beautifully presented wooden box for storage or gift-giving.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.