Kai Shun Classic Carving Knife 20cm
1 in stock
PERFECT for carving perfect slices of meat, from paper-thin to thick and juicy
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Classic Carving knife is PERFECT for carving perfect slices of meat, from paper-thin to thick and juicy. The razor-sharp blade makes a cleaner cut, which helps keep more of the juices and more of the flavour trapped in the meat. The longer blade means you can make precise slices with a single stroke, while the pointed, narrow tip lets you to cut meat away from the bone with ease. Turkey, beef, or the delicate flesh of a salmon—the Shun Classic Carving knife handles them with ease, keeping the flavour sealed in and making sure your tableside presentation is perfection itself. Pairs beautifully with the Shun Classic Carving Fork.
Born of the ancient samurai swordmaking tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is the perfect line for those making their first foray into the Japanese knife market. Produced in the widest variety of specialised styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs. Handcrafted in Japan it takes more than 100 steps to make each Shun knife. The Shun Classic series features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives’ beauty is function; razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun Classic’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side (a total of 69 layers), then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Blade Material: VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side clad with 34 layers (total 69 layers of steel) of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel.
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material: The D-shaped ebony coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated, moisture-resistant hardwood) handle is designed to comfortably sit in your hand.
- Blade length: 20cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Classic Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.