Kai Shun Classic Nakiri Knife 16.5cm
Suitable for chopping, mincing, cutting, dicing and peeling vegetables.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Classic Nakiri Knife is a traditional Japanese vegetable knife. It is a particularly well-balanced knife suitable for chopping, mincing, cutting, dicing and peeling vegetables. Nakiri is simply Japanese for “vegetable knife.” Once you get the Shun Classic Nakiri in your hands, you’ll soon see why both professional chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the Nakiri isn’t rocked like a chefs knife. Instead, use a simple push cut and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can’t be beaten. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Classic Nakiri’s blunt end, and safer too.
Born of the ancient samurai swordmaking tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is the perfect line for those making their first foray into the Japanese knife market. Produced in the widest variety of specialised styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs. Handcrafted in Japan it takes more than 100 steps to make each Shun knife. The Shun Classic series features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives’ beauty is function; razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun Classic’s proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel on each side (a total of 69 layers), then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Blade Material: VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side clad with 34 layers (total 69 layers of steel) of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel.
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Heritage-finish blade provides a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age with a patina
- Handle Material: The D-shaped ebony coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated, moisture-resistant hardwood) handle is designed to comfortably sit in your hand.
- Blade length: 16.5cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Classic Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.