Global Ikasu 7 Piece Knife Block Set
4 in stock
Includes an 8cm Paring (GSF-15), 11cm Utility (GSF-22), 13cm Cook’s (GS-3), 14cm Vegetable (GS-5), 22cm Bread (G-9), 20cm Cook’s (G-2) and a Bamboo Block.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
This Global Ikasu 7 Piece Knife Block Set comprises of an 8cm Paring (GSF-15), 11cm Utility (GSF-22), 13cm Cook’s (GS-3), 14cm Vegetable (GS-5), 22cm Bread (G-9), 20cm Cook’s (G-2) and a Bamboo Block.
- The small Global GSF-15 8cm Peeling Knife excels at paring & peeling, trimming & dicing. It is also used to make a cut known as a tourné cut in vegetables such as carrots.
- The Global 11cm GSF-22 Utility Knife is a versatile knife for slicing, mincing and prep work for smaller food items. Ideal for cutting small fruit, veges, herbs and small pieces of meat. The utility knife is between a chef’s knife and paring knife in size. It is a brilliant knife and often included in various block sets. Long enough as well to fillet fish or use as a small carving knife it really does pay homage to its title as a ‘Utility Knife’. Fully forged and quite a bit more robust than the Global GS-11 (the hollow handled version).
- With its smaller blade length opposed to other cook’s knives, this Global GS-3 13cm Cooks Knife can be used as a mini-knife, and used for a broad range of uses for meat, vegetables and small fish.
- The heel of this small Global GS-5 14cm Vegetable Knife is square-shaped, convenient for removing stalks and eyes from vegetables. Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing of all veges. Also known as a Nakiri Knife, this Vegetable knife is a popular alternative to a Santoku knife.
- This Global 22cm G-9 Bread Knife is tough and rigid and has a large serrated edge that is great for slicing foods with thick crusts or rinds like artisan breads and melons/gourds. It also cuts through soft bread without crushing it.
- The Global 20cm G-2 Cook’s Knife is very multi-purpose and the workhorse of the kitchen. Perfect for mincing, cutting, chopping, slicing and prep work. Featured in all of Globals knife block sets.
Global knives are handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen and made to exacting standards from the finest CROMOVA 18 stainless steel material. These knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚ which holds a razor-sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. The Global Classic collection has remained unchanged since 1985 as a true testament to its quality and unique construction. This original collection designed by Komin Yamada promises durability, quality and timeless design that captures the spirit of Global’s philosophy and insistence on excellence.
The G Series is a classic and the most popular collection of large knives, these knives can be used for general preparation and also for the more adventurous chef.
The GS Series is a classic collection of small to medium-sized knives for general preparation. There is a knife literally for any and every purpose. Many of these knives have multiple size options available and fluted varieties.
The GSF Series is made up of smaller forged knives with solid handles. These knives are perfect for peeling, paring and chopping all those smaller food items.
- CROMOVA 18 steel blade retains its edge longer than any major knife brand.
- Unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with the signature Global dimple pattern offers a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip.
- Perfectly balanced sand-filled handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Made in Japan
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
USE & CARE:
Find all information on how to clean, wash, store and sharpen your Global knives HERE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.