Global Takashi 10 Piece Knife Block Set
1 in stock
The Global Takashi 10 piece cutlery set is everything you will ever need! You’re assured of having the right knife as hand to fulfil your grandest culinary ambitions.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Global Takashi 10 Piece Knife Block Set comprises of an 8cm Paring (GSF-15), 11cm Utility (GSF-22), 10cm Paring straight (GS-6), 14cm Vegetable (GS-5), 16cm Flexible Boning (G-21), 22cm Bread (G-9), 20cm Cook’s (G-2), 22cm Ceramic Steel (G-74), 21cm Kitchen Shears (GKS-210) and a very schmick Bamboo Cutlery Storage Block.
- The small Global GSF-15 8cm Peeling Knife excels at paring & peeling, trimming & dicing. It is also used to make a cut known as a tourné cut in vegetables such as carrots.
- The Global 11cm GSF-22 Utility Knife is a versatile knife for slicing, mincing and prep work for smaller food items. Ideal for cutting small fruit, veges, herbs and small pieces of meat. The utility knife is between a chef’s knife and paring knife in size. It is a brilliant knife and often included in various block sets. Long enough as well to fillet fish or use as a small carving knife it really does pay homage to its title as a ‘Utility Knife’. Fully forged and quite a bit more robust than the Global GS-11 (the hollow handled version).
- The Global GS-6 10cm Straight Paring Knife is a Santoku-style paring knife that is great for slicing, dicing, peeling and precision cutting.
- The heel of this small Global GS-5 14cm Vegetable Knife is square-shaped, convenient for removing stalks and eyes from vegetables. Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing of all veges. Also known as a Nakiri Knife, this Vegetable knife is a popular alternative to a Santoku knife.
- The Global 16cm G-21 Flexible Boning Knife with its narrow blade and pointed end make quick work of deboning ham, chicken & other meats. Check out the Global GS-11 Utility Knife with Flexible blade if you’re after something alike.
- This Global 22cm G-9 Bread Knife is tough and rigid and has a large serrated edge that is great for slicing foods with thick crusts or rinds like artisan breads and melons/gourds. It also cuts through soft bread without crushing it.
- The Global 20cm G-2 Cook’s Knife is very multi-purpose and the workhorse of the kitchen. Perfect for mincing, cutting, chopping, slicing and prep work. Featured in all of Globals knife block sets.
- In between stone sharpening’s you can use Global’s 22cm G-74 Ceramic Steel. These sharpeners are used in the same way that traditional steels are used to sharpen other knives and, as they are made from one of the hardest materials known to man, are suitable for sharpening all good quality knives.
- The Global 21cm GKS-210 Kitchen Shears are extremely sharp and will cut through just about anything with their precision ground blades. Comfortable to hold they are ergonomically designed and distinctively Global in style. These scissors feature heavyweight cast steel handles and feel very substantial whilst held. The steel blades are thick and strong and contain small teeth to help grip chicken fillets and other meats. Between the handles, you will also fit a nutcracker.
Global knives are handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen and made to exacting standards from the finest CROMOVA 18 stainless steel material. These knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚ which holds a razor-sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. The Global Classic collection has remained unchanged since 1985 as a true testament to its quality and unique construction. This original collection designed by Komin Yamada promises durability, quality and timeless design that captures the spirit of Global’s philosophy and insistence on excellence.
The G Series is a classic and the most popular collection of large knives, these knives can be used for general preparation and also for the more adventurous chef.
The GS Series is a classic collection of small to medium-sized knives for general preparation. There is a knife literally for any and every purpose. Many of these knives have multiple size options available and fluted varieties.
The GSF Series is made up of smaller forged knives with solid handles. These knives are perfect for peeling, paring and chopping all those smaller food items.
- CROMOVA 18 steel blade retains its edge longer than any major knife brand.
- Unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with the signature Global dimple pattern offers a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip.
- Perfectly balanced sand-filled handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Made in Japan
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
USE & CARE:
Find all information on how to clean, wash, store and sharpen your Global knives HERE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.