Global Kyoto Bamboo 7 Piece Knife Block Set
Available in two different timbers and includes Global’s six best-selling knives
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
This Global Kyoto Bamboo 7 Piece Knife Block Set is available in two different timbers and includes Global’s six best-selling knives. Each knife in this set has been carefully chosen, allowing you to complete any preparation task in the kitchen with ease. This set comprises of a 9cm Paring (GS-38), 11cm Oriental Cooks Knife (GS-58), 14cm Vegetable (GS-5), 15cm Utility (GS-60), 20cm Bread (G-97), 20cm Cook’s (G-2) and a bamboo storage block.
- This small Global GS-38 9cm Paring Knife excels at paring, peeling, coring, cleaning and slicing small fruits & veges. Perfect knife to devein shrimp, and for removing seeds from chilli peppers and skinning or cutting small garnishes.
- This Global 11cm GS-58 Oriental Cook’s Knife, with its small-sized blade, is great for cutting small portions of meat, poultry, fish and vegetables. Perfect for use as a paring knife also.
- The heel of this small Global GS-5 14cm Vegetable Knife is square-shaped, convenient for removing stalks and eyes from vegetables. Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing of all veges. Also known as a Nakiri Knife, this Vegetable knife is a popular alternative to a Santoku knife.
- This Global GS-60 15cm Utility Knife is ideal for small cutting, dicing and slicing jobs. Its narrow blade makes it suitable for filleting too.
- This Global 20cm G-97 Bread Knife is tough and rigid and has a large serrated edge that is great for slicing foods with thick crusts or rinds like artisan breads and melons/gourds. It also cuts through soft bread without crushing it.
- The Global 20cm G-2 Cook’s Knife is very multi-purpose and the workhorse of the kitchen. Perfect for mincing, cutting, chopping, slicing and prep work. Featured in all of Globals knife block sets.
- An elegant bamboo block that will keep your global knives collection organised and close to hand. The horizontally positioned knife slots will help to protect the knife blades and reduce wear on the cutting edge.
Global knives are handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen and made to exacting standards from the finest CROMOVA 18 stainless steel material. These knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚ which holds a razor-sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. The Global Classic collection has remained unchanged since 1985 as a true testament to its quality and unique construction. This original collection designed by Komin Yamada promises durability, quality and timeless design that captures the spirit of Global’s philosophy and insistence on excellence.
The G Series is a classic and the most popular collection of large knives, these knives can be used for general preparation and also for the more adventurous chef.
The GS Series is a classic collection of small to medium-sized knives for general preparation. There is a knife literally for any and every purpose. Many of these knives have multiple size options available and fluted varieties.
The GSF Series is made up of smaller forged knives with solid handles. These knives are perfect for peeling, paring and chopping all those smaller food items.
- CROMOVA 18 steel blade retains its edge longer than any major knife brand.
- Unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with the signature Global dimple pattern offers a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip.
- Perfectly balanced sand-filled handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Made in Japan
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
USE & CARE:
Find all information on how to clean, wash, store and sharpen your Global knives HERE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.