Global Takumi Walnut Knife Block 6 Piece
Global’s five best-selling knives, all housed on an elegant magnetic storage block. Made in Japan
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The 6 Piece Takumi Knife Block set includes Global’s five best-selling knives, all housed on an elegant magnetic storage block. This block set is available in three different timbers and allows you to have your knives safely on display. Each knife in this set has been carefully chosen, allowing you to complete any preparation task in the kitchen with ease. The name Takumi translates to ‘Artisan’ in Japanese, which pays tribute to the skilled workers in the GLOBAL factory that continue to make our knives by hand in the traditional samurai tradition.
- This Global 9cm GS-96 Paring Knife excels at paring, peeling, coring, cleaning and slicing small fruits & veges.
- The heel of this small Global GS-5 14cm Vegetable Knife is square-shaped, convenient for removing stalks and eyes from vegetables. Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing of all veges. Also known as a Nakiri Knife, this Vegetable knife is a popular alternative to a Santoku knife.
- This Global GS-101 20cm Carving Knife with its narrow blade makes quick work of slicing meat.
- The G-97 Bread Knife 20cm is tough and rigid and has a large serrated edge that is great for slicing foods with thick crusts or rinds like artisan breads and melons/gourds. It also cuts through soft bread without crushing it.
- The G-2 Cooks Knife 20cm is very multi-purpose and the workhorse of the kitchen. Perfect for mincing, cutting, chopping, slicing and prep work.
Please note: Due to these blocks being made from 100% natural materials, each piece is unique and colour and wood grains will vary to the images shown.
Global knives are handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen and made to exacting standards from the finest CROMOVA 18 stainless steel material. These knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚ which holds a razor-sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. The Global Classic collection has remained unchanged since 1985 as a true testament to its quality and unique construction. This original collection designed by Komin Yamada promises durability, quality and timeless design that captures the spirit of Global’s philosophy and insistence on excellence.
The G Series is a classic and the most popular collection of large knives, these knives can be used for general preparation and also for the more adventurous chef.
The GS Series is a classic collection of small to medium-sized knives for general preparation. There is a knife literally for any and every purpose. Many of these knives have multiple size options available and fluted varieties.
The GSF Series is made up of smaller forged knives with solid handles. These knives are perfect for peeling, paring and chopping all those smaller food items.
- CROMOVA 18 steel blade retains its edge longer than any major knife brand.
- Unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with the signature Global dimple pattern offers a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip.
- Perfectly balanced sand-filled handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Available in three different timbers : Maple, Walnut and Bamboo
- Made in Japan
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
USE & CARE:
Find all information on how to clean, wash, store and sharpen your Global knives HERE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.