Kai Shun Premier Bread Knife 23cm
Its sharp, serrated blade cuts through the softest and hardest breads with ease.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Premier Bread Knife is designed specifically to tackle bread. Its sharp, serrated blade cuts through the softest (and hardest) breads with ease and without crushing. If you bake or buy whole loaves of bread, a bread knife will be one of the most-used knives in your kitchen. Whether you love wonderfully crusty or delicately tender bread, the Shun Premier Bread Knife will be your loaf’s new best friend, no matter what its texture. The key is Shun’s razor-sharp, wide, “low frequency” serrations. Unlike a plain-edged knife, the serrations let you gently saw through the bread without crushing and with much less crumbing. Unlike sawtooth serrations that are spaced closer together, the Shun Premier Bread Knife’s wide serrations will gently glide through the bread without tearing. This keeps the bread’s texture intact and enhances eating pleasure. Cakes and pastries also benefit from the Shun Premier Bread Knife’s smooth cutting capabilities.
Shun Premier calls to mind the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan yet offers performance born from the latest advances in knife design and technology. Premier blades are thinner and lighter for fast and agile handling, while the blade design – with wide weight distribution from the tip to end cap – ensures stability and strength. Shun Premier blades are made of VG-MAX steel, clad with stainless Damascus. Where the steels meet, an attractive wavy line called a hamon is formed. Premier blades are ground to a quick taper edge that helps move food away from the blade quickly. The beautiful hand-hammered finish – tsuchime (tsoo-CHEE-may) in Japanese – also improves food release when cutting. The two-position handle, in rich walnut PakkaWood, offers a trigger grip for pull cuts as well as the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Blade Material: Proprietary VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side with 34 layers (69 total including core) of SUS410/SUS431 pattern stainless steel Damascus cladding
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Handle Material: Contoured, ambidextrous walnut coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated hardwood)
- Blade length: 23cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Premier Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.