Kai Shun Premier Paring Knife 10cm
A small pointed blade well suited for precise tasks such as trimming and peeling fruit and vegetables.
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The paring knife is an indispensable kitchen prep knife.
The Shun Premier Paring Knife has a small pointed blade well suited for precise tasks such as trimming and peeling fruit and vegetable For peeling, trimming, making decorative cuts, or even for chopping small foods like shallots or garlic, the small size of the paring knife gives you complete cutting control. Its real beauty comes from how well it performs. A thin lightweight blade and a razor-sharp edge make every paring task a breeze. The contour on the bottom of the handle ensures an excellent grip whether held by the handle or in a pinch grip.
Shun Premier calls to mind the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan yet offers performance born from the latest advances in knife design and technology. Premier blades are thinner and lighter for fast and agile handling, while the blade design – with wide weight distribution from the tip to end cap – ensures stability and strength. Shun Premier blades are made of VG-MAX steel, clad with stainless Damascus. Where the steels meet, an attractive wavy line called a hamon is formed. Premier blades are ground to a quick taper edge that helps move food away from the blade quickly. The beautiful hand-hammered finish – tsuchime (tsoo-CHEE-may) in Japanese – also improves food release when cutting. The two-position handle, in rich walnut PakkaWood, offers a trigger grip for pull cuts as well as the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Blade Material: Proprietary VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side with 34 layers (69 total including core) of SUS410/SUS431 pattern stainless steel Damascus cladding
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Handle Material: Contoured, ambidextrous walnut coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated hardwood)
- Blade length: 10cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Premier Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.