Kai Shun Premier Chefs Knife 25cm
Suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables
View On Mobile Open your camera and Scan the QR code to view on your mobile.
The Shun Premier Chefs Knife is shaped in the traditional European style and is an all-purpose knife suitable for chopping, shredding, cutting, slicing and cubing all meat, fish and vegetables. If you are looking for a larger chefs knife then this 25cm Chefs Knife is an excellent choice. Because of Premier’s thinner, lighter blades, you’ll find that this larger chefs knife handles just as easily as a smaller one, while still providing the longer cutting edge you want. Professional chefs often choose a longer blade length in order to handle an increased volume of product and improve efficiency in the kitchen. The Shun Premier Chefs Knife 25cm blade handles everything from small to large foods. The wide blade helps keep knuckles off the cutting board and is very handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. The curved belly makes rocking cuts easy, too.
Shun Premier calls to mind the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan yet offers performance born from the latest advances in knife design and technology. Premier blades are thinner and lighter for fast and agile handling, while the blade design – with wide weight distribution from the tip to end cap – ensures stability and strength. Shun Premier blades are made of VG-MAX steel, clad with stainless Damascus. Where the steels meet, an attractive wavy line called a hamon is formed. Premier blades are ground to a quick taper edge that helps move food away from the blade quickly. The beautiful hand-hammered finish – tsuchime (tsoo-CHEE-may) in Japanese – also improves food release when cutting. The two-position handle, in rich walnut PakkaWood, offers a trigger grip for pull cuts as well as the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Blade Material: Proprietary VG-MAX hardened Japanese steel cutting core, each side with 34 layers (69 total including core) of SUS410/SUS431 pattern stainless steel Damascus cladding
- Cutting Angle: Double bevelled 16° cutting angle on each side.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade Finish: Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Handle Material: Contoured, ambidextrous walnut coloured PakkaWood (premium, resin-impregnated hardwood)
- Blade length: 25cm
- Handcrafted in Japan
- NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens. Shun knives are provided with a limited warranty from manufacturing defects.
- All Shun Premier Knives are presented in an attractive gift box.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.