This medium-sized Global G-55 18cm Cook’s Knife has a thin and very sharp blade and is ideal for chopping and slicing all herbs and vegetables.
This G-55 Cook’s Knife is a slightly smaller version of GLOBAL’s top-selling and award-winning knife the 20cm G-2 Cook’s Knife. There is also an 18cm Cook’s Knife available in the GLOBAL GS Series, this is the GS-98.
Global knives are handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen and made to exacting standards from the finest CROMOVA 18 stainless steel. These knives are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚. This holds a razor-sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. The Global Classic collection has remained unchanged since 1985 as a true testament to its quality and unique construction. This original collection designed by Komin Yamada promises durability, quality and timeless design that captures the spirit of Global’s philosophy and insistence on excellence.
The G Series is a classic and the most popular collection of large knives, these knives can be used for general preparation and also for the more adventurous chef. Made from a 3-piece construction, two identical handle pieces are welded together and polished forming a hollow handle which is then perfectly balanced with the filling of sand. Lastly, the handle is fused to the patented CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade.
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
- CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade retains its razor-sharp edge longer than any major knife brand.
- The unique convex edge of the Global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Acute 15-degree cutting edge.
- Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with the signature Global dimple pattern offer a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip.
- Perfectly balanced sand-filled handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56˚- 58˚.
- Made in Japan
Global G-55 Cooks Knife 18cm Sizing:
- Total length: 306 mm
- Blade length: 180 mm
- Blade height: 42 mm
To find out the best knife to use for your next task at hand, how to sharpen and care for it, and why how your knife is produced is important, check our Best Knife Guide Online blog post.