Have a question?ENQUIRE
MinoSharp Sharpening Kit with COMBINATION Stone allows you to use a whetstone without the fear of incorrectly sharpening it. This is because it includes a large and small guide rail which can be clipped onto the knife and assists with keeping the angle. It comes in a plastic case that doubles up as a Whetstone holder. This full set is everything you need to begin sharpening your blade. It comes with a rough stone at 240 grit and a medium grit 1000 stone which is a perfect combination. You will most likely use the 1000 grit for keeping the edge on your knife but if you happen to damage your knife or it becomes dull then starting with a 240 grit and then moving up to a 1000 grit is perfect
Instructions for sharpening:
1. The stone should be soaked for the required amount of time before use.
2. Hold the knife so that the blade meets the stone at a 10-15 degree angle, then push back and forth across the stone in smooth steady strokes maintaining the same angle. Maintaining the same angle is most important and you will know that you are maintaining the same angle from the sound the knife makes against the stone. If you are making the same sound with each stroke back and forth against the stone, you are maintaining the same angle.
3. Repeat the stage above on both sides of the blade going from one side to the other until your knife is sharp and there are no burrs on either side.
4. During sharpening a certain amount of wet powder will appear, but do not wash or wipe this residue and continue sharpening. Although this powder appears unsightly, it is this residue which sharpens the knives.
5. After sharpening, your knives should be washed in hot water and then towel dried.
From knife construction and testing to the story of Global, all the way to the comparisons between each series of knives, visit our in-depth Guide to Global to learn everything you need to know before buying!
USE & CARE:
Find all information on how to clean, wash, store and sharpen your Global knives HERE
You may also like