STAUB Cast Iron Cocottes are the perfect stove to oven to table cookware.
You can roast lamb, chicken and beef. At the same time, Staub cast iron Cocottes – also known as casseroles – are an all-rounder: from a good risotto to baking bread. Essential, timeless pieces that no kitchen will want to be without. STAUB cookware ensures gentle and natural cooking to retain the full flavour, aromas and vitamins in your food.
The special lids lock in moisture, ensuring that the food is basted evenly and continuously to create the most delicious dishes. During cooking, these nodules collect moisture that drips back evenly into the food, giving a deliciously, succulent result, intensifying flavours and retaining the aromas and vitamins within the food. The Staub self-basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.
The STAUB cocotte combines traditional craftsmanship with modern functionality for unique enjoyment.
Thanks to its material – cast iron which is ideal for low heat cooking, – the Cocotte – Dutch oven retains heat or cold for a very long time and offers an equal heat distribution eliminating hot spots. The smooth bottom is suitable for use on any cooking surface, (including induction) without scratching the surface of your cooktop. Staub is perfect for cooking professionals, cordon bleu chefs and the curious home cook who wants to discover the benefits of healthy and tasty cooking.
All Staub pieces are suitable for use from oven to table, making a lovely presentation showpiece to impress family and friends. Staub Cast Iron cookware is made in France using a sand mould that is destroyed after each piece is made, meaning every Staub piece is totally unique.
We stock this cocotte in many beautiful colours: Sage, Basil Green, Cherry Red, Black, Marin Blue, La Mer, White Truffle, Grenadine, Graphite
- Ideal for braising, boiling, stewing, baking, searing and slow cooking of meat, fish or vegetables
- Black matte enamel interior requires very little fat for frying and intensifies the flavour of the dishes
- Cast Iron is a great heat retainer and provides equal heat distribution
- Special lid lock structure features self-basting nodules for continuous, even distribution of juices throughout cooking
- Decorative, nickel-plated lid knob made of brass – heat-resistant up to 250°C
- The Cocotte can be used from -20°c to 250 °c but should be heated slowly.
- Tough, chip-resistant enamel coating, inside and out.
- Energy-saving cooking suitable for all heat sources including induction
- Made in France using sand moulds
- Gift boxed, perfect for gifting
- 18cm – 1.7L Capacity – 3.3Kg / serves 1-2
- 20cm – 2.2L Capacity – 3.6Kg / (LxH): 26.30 x 14.20 cm – serves 2-3
- 24cm – 3.8L Capacity – 4.6kg / (LxH): 30 x 15.3 cm – Serves 4
- 26cm – 5.2L Capacity – 6.Kg / (LxH): 32.70 x16.70 cm – serve 4-6
- 28cm – 6.7L Capacity – 6.9Kg / (LxH): 35.2 x 18.2 cm – serves 6-7
Total length and height include dimensions with handles
Staub self-basting system efficiency: The rainfall effect
Located in Alsace France, Staub is a manufacturer of superb quality Cast Iron cookware. The company was founded by Francis Staub in 1974. Staub offers an extensive range including cocotte, frying pans, terrines, grill pans, mussel pots etc. Traditional materials and manufacturing processes are used to conserve the authenticity of the brand and the overall cooking experience. Staub has become the benchmark for enamelled cast iron cookware and is the reference brand for some of the world’s greatest chefs including Paul Bocuse